The Scientific Council has a strategic orientation role and monitors the implementation and progress of the LabexMed project. As such, it constitutes a privileged opportunity for communication between the partner institutions.
Permanent members of the Scientific Council:
- Brigitte Marin, Scientific and Technical Manager of LabexMed
- Sophie Bouffier, Director of the MMSH and USR 3125
- A*MIDEX: Denis Bertin, Deputy Vice President
- Aix-Marseille University: Pierre Chiappetta, Vice-President of the Research Commission
- CNRS: François-Joseph Ruggiu, Director of INSHS
- IRD: Flore Gubert, Director of the Societies and Globalization Department
- EHESS: Jean Boutier, Research Director
- Avignon université: Georges Linarès, Vice-President
- Abdellah Alaoui, Director of Cultural Heritage, Ministère de la culture et de la communication (Kingdom of Morocco)
- Luís Vicente Baptista, Professor at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Social Sciences, Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Portugal)
- Cinzia Bearzot, Professor of Greek History, Department of History, Archaeology and Art History, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Milano (Italy)
- Alessandra Broccolini, Researcher, Department of Social and Economic Studies, Università degli Studi La Sapienza di Roma (Italy)
- Eugene Rogan, Professor of Modern Middle Eastern History; Director, St Anthony’s College Middle East Center, St Anthony’s College, University of Oxford (UK)
External members (2011 – 2017):
- Robin Ostle, Emeritus Research Fellow in Modern Arabic, University of Oxford (UK)
- Mohamed Kerrou, Professor of Sociology at the University of Tunis El Manar (Tunisia)
- Leila Fawaz, Professor of Lebanese and Eastern Mediterranean Studies, Tufts University (USA)
- Christina Agriantoni, Professor of Economic History, University of Thessaly (Greece)
Members of the Laboratory Council are permanent guests.
The Laboratory Council
The Laboratory Council is formed by the directors of the 16 partner research units. Its mission is to follow the implementation of the project throughout the year and to participate in the selection committees for recruitments.